Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Delhi, India - September 22

On Wednesday we got up and met Rajeev for breakfast on the top floor of the hotel. I have been a little nervous about the food since I don't eat much Indian food. I had an Indian meal on the plane which made my stomach upset so I went with the American breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast. Rajeev ordered us a side of what tasted similar to a casserole in the shape of a pancake. It turned out to be better than my eggs so I'll be sure to order that tomorrow.

We went back to our room to clean up and so we could drive to some of the shops in New Delhi. The view from our hotel is very entertaining. As the city was coming to life there were dozens of kids making their way to school along with cars and pedestrians making their way to work. Mixed in with that is your occasional ox or wild dog. To my surprise they were all over the city walking up and down the streets.

This is a shot I took from our hotel window. It was raining and under one of the buildings was a man walking his daughter to school along with a wild ox. Not something you see in Dallas every day.

0 comments: