Monday, September 27, 2010

Back to the Embassy, on the Roof & Celebrations - September 27

The girls went with Rajeev back to the American Embassy to take care of paperwork while I went up on the roof of the hotel to take some pictures of the city. Rajeev said this is the most modernized portion of New Delhi. From what I've seen I have to agree with him even though it's hard to believe looking at the buildings.



















I went to the front of the hotel to people watch and to wait for everyone to return. The doorman kept asking me to take his portrait and wanted me to mail him some prints. I snapped a few and he wrote down his address for me.





The girls showed up soon after with the good news that the missing paperwork was sent over and we have the green light to travel back to the states with Girija. We went back to the room to celebrate & rest so we could have a celebratory dinner with Rajeev later that evening. Girija was happy with the news too.





Rajeev took us to a place similar to Dave n' Busters. Girija got to play on her first playground.



We also found out she loves french fries.



Rajeev bought us all a popular Indian desert. It's basically a mixture of rice, sugar & milk. We got to see another side of Girija this evening. The hyped up on sugar side. She was screaming and belly laughing all the way home. Note to self: don't feed her sugar on the plane ride home.

4 comments:

Mackenzie, September 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

YAY! You can come back .... I was so upset hearing that you might have to stay longer. I'm glad to see G.G. happy. Love you (:

Andrea September 27, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

GiGi looks like she's such a happy girl, and looks right at home with her new family! Thanks for the pictures and keeping everyone up to date! All the best for the rest of your trip! Andrea Palmer

Glenn Hadsall September 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

Love you too Mackenzie. Can't wait for you to meet her.

Alisa Noble September 27, 2010 at 7:20 PM  

Congratulations to all three of you!
Brian (Noble, my husband, who works with Christi) caught me up on the adoption a couple of weeks ago and we were both praying all would go well with the process.
GG is so very beautiful!
Have a safe trip home.
Alisa Noble